make gbuildtojson and make xx-ide-integration problems.

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Thu Dec 15 12:33:44 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Thu, Dec 15, 2016 at 01:02:05PM +0100, Jan Iversen wrote:
> since you have already made the ball rolling by making gbuildtojson in C++
> the logical consequence would be to port the script to C++.

My fear with that was it (using C++ instead of Python) would discourage people
to contribute for other IDEs. But now that we have at least a wireframe
implementation for most popular IDEs going straight to C++ might indeed be our
best option[1] bootstrapping-wise. Although parsing JSON in C++ is rather ...
meh, but we certainly dont want an external dependency for that.

Probably needs an iterative approach: first parse the JSON stuff in some C++
objects and create output for the first IDE. Other IDEs move over from Python
to C++ one by one later.

Best,

Bjoern

[1] tsss, the irony of that.