Getting rid of 'oldref' in the help files

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Fri Dec 16 17:05:23 UTC 2016

On 12/16/2016 05:38 PM, Jan Holesovsky wrote:
> * there are many ways how to describe the same thing in html (<b>'s and
>   which would make the help harder to maintain, if we eg. want to reuse
>   the information from there to generate other representations (like
>   eg. books or so)

oh and of course HTML help content effectively requires first ditching
the current built-in Writer-based help browser, since Writer can only
handle ~HTML3 or so and if people can just write HTML5 directly they
surely don't want to be restricted to a subset with no tool to verify
they didn't get it wrong, so the pages have to be displayed by a proper
web browser.

but maybe getting rid of the Writer based online help is already part of
the goal, i don't know.