[libreoffice-documentation] Re: Getting rid of 'oldref' in the help files

Jan Holesovsky kendy at collabora.com
Fri Dec 16 17:41:42 UTC 2016

Hi,

khagaroth píše v Pá 16. 12. 2016 v 17:51 +0100:

> > I hope you meant HTML 5, because XHTML is a dead end (and good riddance).
>
> html does not have markup for some of the semantics that we have (and need)
> > in the help files (like <section> or <embed> to name few)
> >

> Both <section> and <embed> are part of HTML 5 and there is a good chance
> the other things are as well.

They are, but they mean a completely different thing than what they mean
in XHP ;-)

<embed> in XHP is more like <object name="foo" type="text/html"
data="foo.inc"></object>.

Similarly <section> is more like a <div> with some associated css.

Again - I'm talking semantics; <object> is a general thing, and has no
semantics by itself, similarly <div>.  We'd lose this by converting to a
plain HTML.

All the best,
Kendy