Re: Gerrit Build v2 » windows_msc_dbgutil_32 completed with result FAILURE

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Tue Dec 20 13:29:54 UTC 2016

On 12/20/2016 02:12 PM, Huzaifa Iftikhar wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 20, 2016 at 6:22 PM, Stephan Bergmann <sbergman at redhat.com
> <mailto:sbergman at redhat.com>> wrote:
>
>     On 12/20/2016 01:44 PM, Huzaifa Iftikhar wrote:
>
>         Thanks for the reply, I understand the situation.
>         Should I wait for Norbert Thiebaud to reply or should I submit
>         my patch
>         once again ?
>

>     Besides waiting for Norbert to eventually fix the underlying
>     problem, you can additionally:
>
>     * Either rebase your Gerrit change (e.g., in the Gerrit web UI,
>     press the "Rebase" button),
>

> what does rebase do ?

it will rebase your commit on the current master branch, which will
possibly remove some build breakers that the old master had, possibly
introduce new build breakers that the old master didn't have, and most
importantly trigger another Jenkins CI build.

so if the Jenkins build failed because of something unrelated to your
change, and you don't have any negative reviews, then it's usually a
good idea to try the "rebase".

>     * or prepare a new revision of your change (seeing that it received
>     a -2 comment, so probably needs updating), and push that to Gerrit.
>
> Should I submit a new commit or just amend changes and push it to the
> existing patch ?

please amend the existing commit and don't modify the "Change-ID" line,
then gerrit will be able to match it properly and update the existing
change.