Build fail when building Libreoffice on Windows.

Michael Stahl mstahl at redhat.com
Thu Feb 11 11:36:58 UTC 2016

On 11.02.2016 06:29, Paul Blinzer wrote:
> Platfom: Windows 10 64bit, running Cygwin 32 LODE build setup to compile
> libreoffice.
> Default setup of build envrionment as outlined in
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/BuildingOnWindows
>
> Synced up to git repo today (2/10/2016)
> Compilation went well until reaching unit test for ssl check (see below
> for output).
>
> Checked my cygwin installation and have openssl  & openssh packages as
> indicated in the manual install sections (which I cross-validated).

Cygwin's openssl package is irrelevant for the build.

> [build PYT] pyuno_pytests_ssl
> ERROR: test_ssl_import (testssl.SSLTest)
> Traceback (most recent call last):
>   File "C:\sources\libo-core\pyuno\qa\pytests\testssl.py", line 6, in
> test_ssl_import
>     import ssl
>   File
> "C:\sources\libo-core\instdir\program\python-core-3.3.0\lib\ssl.py",
> line 60, in <module>
>     import _ssl             # if we can't import it, let the error propagate
> ImportError: DLL load failed: The operating system cannot run %1.

very likely the problem is that the bundled OpenSSL dlls cannot be
loaded from instdir/program.

please check if you have "ssleay32.dll" or "libeay32.dll" in any
directory in PATH, such as C:/Windows/system32 - these would be found
first and are most likely incompatible (because OpenSSL doesn't do ABI
stability).