Renaming sal_Unicode to a less misleading name?

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Tue Feb 16 08:18:35 UTC 2016

On 02/15/2016 08:45 PM, Khaled Hosny wrote:
> On Mon, Feb 15, 2016 at 05:57:25PM +0100, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
>> Instead of introducing yet more typedefs, we'll more and more move to C++11
>> char16_t, char32_t (which already started, now that sal_Unicode is a typedef
>> for char16_t, for non-WNT LIBO_INTERNAL).
>
> That would be my preference as well, so what about replacing internal
> uses of sal_Unicode with char16_t?

Real support for those Unicode character types and for Unicode string
literals is only available in MSVC 2015, I think.  Though it looks like
MSVC 2013 already has some fake support for char16_t and char32_t
(presumably in the form of predefined typedefs).  So if you have an area
of code where using char16_t would make sense, you can try it out and
see whether it already works with all our current toolchains.