Remote File Acess

Jim Cobley jimc at priorycomputers.com
Thu Feb 18 10:13:52 UTC 2016

1Mb up & 4Mb down - Remote NAS - LO 5.0.4.2
Using LO was v.slow until I set the temp folder to a local drive - now
it is "within expectations" for remote file access.
In my case I need the remote lock for multi-system/user access

On startup selecting "File-Recent" takes ages presumably while remote
files (many) are checked to see if they are there - this is what should
be spun off. I already know if my network is up or down and if the file
is likely to have been removed or not so a recent file can still be
listed as recent. It was initially very unnerving to see many missing
from the recent list when the Internet link was down at system startup
(!?@ NFS & Mount)
Better to just be told "Can't find file" when and if an inaccessible
file is selected but continue to list as recent if it really was.