Compilation on OS X 10.11

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Mon Feb 22 11:36:11 UTC 2016

On 02/21/2016 06:45 PM, Quentin Pradet wrote:
> After first trying to compile LibreOffice on my system last week, I just
> found out today that LibreOffice did not compile on OS X 10.11
> <https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/index.php?title=Development/BuildingOnMac&diff=116993&oldid=116351>
> but that disabling Firebird fixed the issue
> <https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/index.php?title=Development/BuildingOnMac&diff=117123&oldid=116998>.
> It *is* written in bold, but I just went to "Quick pre-canned setup" and
> expected it to work, but I had to add "--disable-firebird-sdbc" to
> autogen.input.
>
> Is there an entry on Bugzilla? I did not find one. Since I can reproduce
> the issue on my system, I would like to help fixing it.

First,
<https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=9af1331c9253426855ac0f3a26e7f4bfff900d61>
"For now, firebird doe snot build on macosx 10.11" made building on Mac
OS X 10.11 default to --disable-firebird-sdbc (while all other
environments defaulted to --enable-firebird-sdbc).

Then,
<https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=19ec3c5e2230f982789f18c8e7bf77eabef68ad0>
"firebird compat issue with macosx 10.11 was fixed by sberg some time
ago" erroneously assumed that the underlying problem had gone and that
--enable-firebird-sdbc could be made the default again on Mac OS X
10.11, too.  But what the commit actually did was erroneously make
--disable-firebird-sdbc the default in /all/ environments.

Then,
<https://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=a67d5c7604e8c420f6d63df89f04e33f940f952a>
"Make --enable-firebird-sdbc the default again" fixed the previous
commit, and made --enable-firebird-sdbc the general default again.  It
did not bother to re-introduce a special case for Mac OS X 10.11, though.