Ability to make doxygen only index specified modules

Chris Sherlock chris.sherlock79 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 7 15:08:31 PST 2016

Hi all,

I’ve been running make docs on my local system, but I’ve noticed it takes a fair amount of time to index all modules, when all I wanted to index was the vcl module.

I’ve made a small change to solenv/bin/mkdocs.sh that is entirely transparent to the existing processes. All I’ve done is add a test of the environment variable $INPUT_PROJECTS, if this exists hen use the list of modules specified. If it doesn't exist then the script runs as normal and processes all modules.

The change can be seen here on cgit:

http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=cfcef8c99908a781c1d5b4153f4fa9fca69d4351

So basically, if you want to index vcl and svtools, then you would do the following:

chris at libreoffice-ia64:~/repos/libreoffice$ export INPUT_PROJECTS="vcl svtools"
chris at libreoffice-ia64:~/repos/libreoffice$ make docs
chris at libreoffice-ia64:~/repos/libreoffice$ unset INPUT_PROJECTS

Hope this is helpful!

Actually, I believe that the make file has help text, I’m thinking of adding it in there once I remember where the text is stored…

Chris