New FORECAST.ETS function in Calc

Eike Rathke erack at redhat.com
Fri Jan 8 04:32:03 PST 2016

Hi dev-list,

um.. Winfried that is.. maybe you should have your name in From ;)

On Thursday, 2016-01-07 16:44:59 +0100, dev-list LO wrote:

> That are 6 functions, with long names, e.g.
> FORECAST.ETS.STAT.MULT().
> As an alternative I could add an optional argument to the function,
> indicating whether (1) additive, (2) multiplicative or (3) the best of the
> two is to be used for forecasts. IMHO the default value of the argument
> should be 3.
> On export/import to/from xlsx, this extra argument can be removed/inserted
> with value 1.

The problem with such extra parameters is always that you can not remove
them on export if they aren't literal values, i.e. some expression or
just a reference to a cell. Also, if an argument is used that is not the
default value you can not remove it. These cases will make
interoperability fail.

So, as cumbersome as it is and polluting the Function Wizard, extra
functions should be introduced instead.

  Eike

GPG key "ID" 0x65632D3A - 2265 D7F3 A7B0 95CC 3918  630B 6A6C D5B7 6563 2D3A
Better use 64-bit 0x6A6CD5B765632D3A here is why: https://evil32.com/
Care about Free Software, support the FSFE https://fsfe.org/support/?erack