Remove ActiveX from LibreOffice

SOS sos at pmg.be
Tue Jan 12 00:25:55 PST 2016

On 11/01/2016 20:32, Bryan Quigley wrote:
> I propose we add it to the 5.1 release notes (and 5.2 notes too) as:
> Intent to Remove ActiveX support in the 5.2 release.   If this change
> negatively affects your Windows application please email the
> LibreOffice development list with your use case and plan for moving
> off of ActiveX.  We specifically only want feedback if use ActiveX to
> embed LibreOffice components into your application.
I aam wondering if  the ActiveX stuff is used to build COM objects from
external DLL's ?
I uses (as example) a Windows videoplayer using basic and our API

Basic code:
if oSimpleFileAcces.Exists(filelocation) then
                     MPlayer = CreateObject("WMPlayer.OCX.7")
                     MPlayer.OpenPlayer(Filelocation)
endif

Greetz

Fernand