Suggestion

Anthonys Lists antlists at youngman.org.uk
Tue Jan 12 11:55:18 PST 2016

On 12/01/2016 13:22, Rick C. Hodgin wrote:
> The important part of the Metric feature is that it always wraps the
> value to the nearest power of 3, and shows values in those powers.
> 0.1234 would be shown as 123.4 milliunits, or 1,234 microunits, for
> example (however the user has set it up), and not as "0.1234 u"
> (unless they are explicitly stating to use "Units", which would be
> something they'd have to do manually).

I'm not sure of the name, but the user might not want it to be in whole
units. Note that 0.1234 is a power of 3, and the user might want it to
be *0*.1234 UNITS.

So yes, I like the idea of displaying it to a power of three, but it
needs a switch to say "greater than one or less than 1?", so that 0.012
units might stay 0.012 units, or might become 12 milliunits.

imho rounding to the *nearest* power of 3 is a mistake - users
invariably want either greater, or less, than one, but NEVER a mix of both.

Cheers,
Wol