why does android build disable liblangtag?

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at collabora.com
Fri Jan 15 03:18:38 PST 2016

Hi David,

On Fri, 2016-01-15 at 10:46 +0100, David Tardon wrote:
> commit
> http://cgit.freedesktop.org/libreoffice/core/commit/?id=25dd02d8b9ad66e06fb2f6e9d38e27753af2817d
> disables liblangtag in Android build, without any explanation why.

	Haha =) right; I think we prolly wanted to go deep: get -something-
working, and then iterate to broaden later.

>  (My guess it is because liblangtag in that time depended on glib, which was
> not available on Android.) But libetonyek 0.1.6 requires liblangtag. So
> I want to know if I should spend time to make the liblangtag support in
> libetonyek conditional, or if the above commit can just be reverted now.

	Oh - I'd just revert it if we can make liblangtag build on Android.
Particularly now the size limit is gone - we want as much beautiful
goodness (like langtag and libetonyek) there that we can.

	ATB,

		Michael.

--
 michael.meeks at collabora.com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot