FastSaxSerializer::write ...

Michael Meeks michael.meeks at collabora.com
Wed Jan 20 12:25:33 PST 2016

On Wed, 2016-01-20 at 11:54 -0600, Norbert Thiebaud wrote:
> > Speaking about excessively granular tests: would anyone protest against
> > an Easy Hack to merge the tests in sal module into bigger groups, e.g.,
>
> Yeah but in general merging create trouble with parallelism....
> if you have only 3 unit test, then that can use only 3 cores....

	Of course; there is a happy medium here - but sal/ takes it to the
extreme here:

> (1) of course too small tests are not good either because then the
> set-up tear-down overhead dominate.. which is not good for perf
> either. No I do not know the magic optimal value, but it is something
> to keep in mind: merging a bunch of test into one is not all positive

	Amusingly, while the sal/ tests -look- good ;-) many of them are simply
not run because they fail to register the actual tests - which is not
ideal (or did that get fixed?); I guess now we have the CI infra - the
easy hack to fix that becomes even more of an easy hack - I recall
filing it as one; but can't find it just now ... odd. I forget which
macro it is necessary to add to nail that.

	ATB,

		Michael.

--
 michael.meeks at collabora.com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot