Call for help - understanding how to debug sw module

Chris Sherlock chris.sherlock79 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 28 00:48:33 PST 2016

If it is at all helpful, these are the hardware specs (this machine is seriously overkill, I got it with redundancy money a year ago):

Hardware Overview:

  Model Name:	iMac
  Model Identifier:	iMac15,1
  Processor Name:	Intel Core i5
  Processor Speed:	3.5 GHz
  Number of Processors:	1
  Total Number of Cores:	4
  L2 Cache (per Core):	256 KB
  L3 Cache:	6 MB
  Memory:	8 GB

AMD Radeon R9 M290X:

  Chipset Model:	AMD Radeon R9 M290X
  Type:	GPU
  Bus:	PCIe
  PCIe Lane Width:	x16
  VRAM (Total):	2048 MB
  Vendor:	ATI (0x1002)
  Device ID:	0x6810
  Revision ID:	0x0000
  ROM Revision:	113-C408A0-729
  EFI Driver Version:	01.00.729
  Displays:
iMac:
  Display Type:	Retina LCD
  Resolution:	5120 x 2880 Retina
  Retina:	Yes
  Pixel Depth:	30-Bit Color (ARGB2101010)
  Main Display:	Yes
  Mirror:	Off
  Online:	Yes
  Built-In:	Yes

At this point, I’m sort of wondering if the resolution of my screen might be part of the issue… another user sent me their specs and it seems that the other Retina displays are on laptops…

Chris