Missing Cairo commits from libreoffice-5-1 branch

Caolán McNamara caolanm at redhat.com
Mon Jul 11 12:34:53 UTC 2016

On Sun, 2016-07-10 at 12:28 -0400, Ashod Nakashian wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I noticed that libreoffice-5-1 is missing a number of Cairo-related
> commits that were done in Master but weren't cherry-picked into the
> 5.1 branch.
>
> Functionally, I can see that SvpSalGraphics::drawAlphaBitmap is
> missing in 5.1.
>
> This was implemented in:
> c1774eb gtk3: implement drawAlphaBitmap for svp/gtk3 backend
>
> and later improved in:
> 4fee13c gtk3: of course we have a different 1 bit mask format as well
> db88445 gtk3: use cairo to do drawAlphaBitmap with scaling

> Should I submit these patches to libreoffice-5-1 for review?

I've no particular objections. They didn't get into 5-1 because I was
still working on them at 5-1 branch time and they needed more time to
get through new bugs/improvements they might need.

if you backport, keep an eye out for what the "final form" is in 5-1 vs
5-2/master cause I think there was one or two more tweaks to the alpha
mask stuff.

C.