GSoC Progress

Mohammed Abdul Azeem azeemmysore at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 19:21:15 UTC 2016

Hi,

Sorry, I completely forgot to write my progress last week.

*Progress for week6 and 7:*
We wrote a test case to check mishandling of namespaces (
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/26661/ ).
Since our LegacyFastParser emitted elements with namespace URL rather than
namespace prefix like xparser, we made some changes to XFastParser and
added a namespace handler that passes namespace declaration information.
Using that we modified LegacyFastParser to emit elements just like XParser
( https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/26982/ ).

We are trying to see if we can adopt LegacyFastParser in all places where
XParser is used. It failed at some places. One of the places was
svgio::XSvgParser::getDecomposition, which was fixed by adding a dummy
initialize method to LegacyFastParser. Currently it is still failing at
couple of other places, the causes to those are identified and we are
figuring out the solution.
Hopefully we can sort these out and profile it by the end of this week.

Regards,
Azeem