Help with an old regression in text rendering needed

Milos Sramek sramek.milos at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 06:55:01 UTC 2016

Hi,

In Brno I would like to present my tools for automated detection and
bibisection of interoperability problems between LO an MS Office. My
method is currently of limited utility, because there is a problem with
rendering of plain text, which affects most documents and overshadows
other bugs.

I managed to localized the problem by bibisection. I also wanted to
investigate it more deeply, but was unable to compile that version.
Thus, I would need help from you :).

The problem resides in that the text layout changed (as bibisected
using  bibisect-43all):

the first bad one
* 59a69f7 - (2013-10-17 04:11:24 +0000)
source-hash-48ad2f61fe71edc1a8967b322d3e0f368f4be06f - Bjoern Michaelsen
(tag: source-hash-48ad2f61fe71edc1a8967b322d3e0f368f4be06f, refs/bisect/bad)
the last good one:
* 96f14f1 - (2013-10-17 03:51:54 +0000)
source-hash-f0393d7ff69011a16b100541ef18e5090544e4a1 - Bjoern Michaelsen
(HEAD, tag: source-hash-f0393d7ff69011a16b100541ef18e5090544e4a1,
refs/bisect/good-96f14f1bf7505b59a2731dcba1615568f03fd68f)

The spaces between characters are different now. The differences
accumulate, eventually leading to different line wrapping - exactly this
is the problem why my tests are nearly useless, because most of my test
files are labeled as bad because of this.

The problem is demonstrated by the attached files, which show pixel
overlays of documents rendered in LO a MSOffice. There are some
differences visible also in the 'good' file, but these are much bigger
in the 'bad' one where they lead to different wrapping in the second
paragraph.

The files shows also another problem, different line spacing. This was
perhaps inherited from OOO.

The problem is perhaps not that important for users, but for my testing
it is a blocker

Thanks in advance for your help
Milos

Milos Sramek, msramek22 at gmail.com