Firebird - link static library

Bunth Tamás btomi96 at gmail.com
Wed Jul 20 19:18:52 UTC 2016

The patch:
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org//25673/

has an error on Windows (patch set 42):
LINK : fatal error LNK1181: cannot open input file 'tommath.lib'

I think it's because I created tommath.lib using the ar linux command,
and the result is slightly different from the .lib file that msvc
expects.[1][2]

I would have liked to use lib.exe to create tommath.lib instead, which
seems to be the tool on Windows to create a .lib file, but I couldn't
find the appropriate makefile marco to use it (like the LD variable
stores the path of link.exe), since the variable AR stores "ar" in
case of Windows too.

Am I right about the cause of the issue, and if so, how can I refer to
lib.exe to use it for creating tommath.lib?

[1] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/9346054/convert-from-mingw-a-to-vc-lib
[2] http://stackoverflow.com/questions/2096519/from-mingw-static-library-a-to-visual-studio-static-library-lib

Thanks,
Tamás Bunth