Survey and interview on developers

Nino Provenzano proven.antonino at gmail.com
Fri Jul 22 14:53:02 UTC 2016

Dear Developers,

my name is Antonino Provenzano and I am student of Media & Computer
Science. This semester I am writing a paper. I would like to interview several
Developers as well as a survey and document developers' opinions about
usability. In other words, I am interested in your experiences

*Objective:*

I want to unterstand how an open source project like LibreOffice is
organized. My main interest is on the communication between designer and
developer. I want to figure out how the cooperation between these both
positions works. Furthermore, I would like to know your opinion about the
relationship between usability and Open Source.

*Why I do this:*

I love the idea of Open Source. I am involved in the Unix Group at the
University of Kaiserslautern in Zweibrücken and in my spare time, I am
working a lot with Open Source software.

*How long does the survey take?*

5 - 10 Minutes

Link: http://goo.gl/forms/p3n4uP6brSTD3cKz2

*The Interview:*

If you are interested in an interview, because you want to tell me more
about your opinion, feel free to write a private email to me.

*How long does the interview take?*

15 – 20 minutes

*The questions are:*

- What is your motivation for working on LibreOffice?

- How many hours per week do you work on LibreOffice?

- Did you work on other Open Source projects before?

- Why do you choose LibreOffice and not another Open Source project?

- Are there any differences between LibreOffice and other project(s)?

- Do you see Usability experts as a fully-fledged and accepted Member in
the Software development?

- Are you driven by the motivation to fix or improve program code because
of usability problems experienced personally, discovered in tests or are
you not interested in such challenges?

- Do you always consider usability, when do you make software development
decision?

- How would you describe your current knowledge about usability?

- Which recommendations can you give to a person who is starting to work in
the LibreOffice project as a developer?

- If you had one wish to improve LibreOffice, what would it be?

Thank you for your patience.

Kind regards
Antonino Provenzano