Help with an old regression in text rendering needed

Milos Sramek sramek.milos at gmail.com
Fri Jul 29 08:34:40 UTC 2016

Thank you, Caolán, for your suggestions.

The first thing I've tried was to compile the current version with and
without harfbuzz using
./autogen.sh --with-harfbuzz=no
The result was the same (bad).

I am, however, not sure if harfbuzz was really switched off, since in
config.log I can see

$ ./configure --with-harfbuzz=no
--srcdir=/mnt/data/milos/sbox/libreoffice.git --enable-option-checking=fatal
but later
configure:30367: checking which harfbuzz to use
configure:30468: result: internal

and later also
-I/usr/include/harfbuzz
-lharfbuzz -lharfbuzz-icu

I've tried to investigate it bit deeper:

revision mentioned:
bff8fa9 - (2013-05-06 11:08:29 +0200) Enable HarfBuzz by default -
Khaled Hosny

The last good revision according to my bibisection
f0393d7 - (2013-05-06 16:54:53 +0200) [harfbuzz] Fix text width
calculation, 3rd try - Khaled Hosny

The first bad revision according to my bibisection
48ad2f6 - (2013-05-06 12:48:23 +0200) fdo#46808, Convert some code to
getProcessComponentContext

So, they really are from the same day.

I unfortunately cannot compile these revisions, maybe because my
compiter is too new (gcc version 5.4.0 20160609 (Ubuntu
5.4.0-6ubuntu1~16.04.1)). I happens because of std::auto_ptr:
/workdir/unxlngx6.pro/UnpackedTarball/boost/boost/smart_ptr/scoped_ptr.hpp:66:31:
warning: ‘template<class> class std::auto_ptr’ is deprecated
[-Wdeprecated-declarations]

How should I use the -Wdeprecated-declarations switch?

thanks
Milos