/usr/lib/libnss3.so: version `NSS_3.19.1' not found

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Wed Jun 1 09:22:56 UTC 2016

On Tue, May 31, 2016 at 04:34:33PM +0100, Wols Lists wrote:
> On 30/05/16 20:11, Anthonys Lists wrote:

>> Just remember, a reboot WILL clear out /tmp with this setup, so your
>> build environment will not persist across reboots. Even without a tmpfs,
>> the distro will probably clear out /tmp on boot or shutdown.

> Just struck me today - if you DON'T want all this stuff to disappear
> on a reboot, investigate an overlayfs. I *think* what you do is put
> an overlay on eg ~/loffice, and it will store everything in ram/swap
> until you actively flush it.

No, that's not how union filesystems work. There is no "flush"
operation; the "lower" filesystem is never changed, all changes are
written to the "upper" filesystem (which in your scenario would be a
ramfs). In your scenario, all changes will be lost on reboot.

What you describe is basically a cache, which all modern OSes have,
with automatic "flush" :)

--
Lionel