Update to Firebird 3.0

Lionel Elie Mamane lionel at mamane.lu
Sun Jun 5 11:11:48 UTC 2016

On Sun, Jun 05, 2016 at 12:32:57PM +0200, Bunth Tamás wrote:
>> Try this: firebird should dlopen("libEngine12.so") without any path. I
>> think it will work. If not, passing the right --prefix to firebird's
>> ./configure or something like that. Or patching the code to hardcode
>> it :)

> Firebird seems to use the libEngine12.so during the build to open
> "metadata.fdb", and I got an error during "make firebird":
> Unable to complete network request to host "localhost".
> make[5]: *** [metadata.fdb] Error 1

> It's because I've changed the Engine12's path to "libeEngine12.so",

I expect the extra "e" is just in your email, not in the code?

> and now It cannot find the file in the original file system
> (firebird/gen/Release/firebird).

With what path was it opened during the build before your change?
After the build, when running LibreOffice it was something like
/usr/local/lib/firebird/plugins/libEngin12.so, which cannot work
during build. So maybe it is using a specific firebird.conf during
build?

--
Lionel