Update to Firebird 3.0

Bunth Tamás btomi96 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 10 11:34:00 UTC 2016

> Well, old odb files do not use the archive format... That's what
> brings the endianess issue.

So what do you suggest? I searched for the --with-fbsecure-db option
in the fb 2.5 version, and the 2.5 version has this option too. So I
think I can make the archive file before updating the "update to fb 3
part".
I say this, because it may be a solution for the older odb files if
there would be a Libreoffice version, where LO saves database as an
archive file, but with fb 2.5. And fb 3.0 should be used in a LO
version after that. Is that a possible way?

Or there should be two version of firebird at the same time? Than
whenever a user opens an old database we check the database version
and we can do the backup-restore thing to update it.

>> And I'd like to try the patch for the endianness issue. If it makes
>> the same error as before, I'm about to copy the
>> workdir/Unpackedtarball/firebird/gen/security.fdb to instdir/program
>> and add the --with-fbsecure-db=PATH option to the configure file of
>> fb.
>
> instdir/share looks more relevant than instdir/program

Ok

Tamás