[libreoffice-projects] Re: [libreoffice-design] Minutes of the Design Hangout: 2016-Jun-17

Stephan Bergmann sbergman at redhat.com
Mon Jun 20 07:01:09 UTC 2016

On 06/17/2016 09:31 PM, Heiko Tietze wrote:
> On Freitag, 17. Juni 2016 16:13:46 CEST Stephan Bergmann wrote:
>> On 06/17/2016 03:47 PM, Heiko Tietze wrote:
>>> Enhancements and proposals
>>>     + Push extensions (Heiko)
>> Just to clarify: You're talking about .oxt extensions here?
>
> If you want so, yes. Whether binary code or python script, extensions should be utilized in a similar ways as for Mozilla's software. I'm aware of the problems, beginning with the increased effort to enable external access rather than code directly.

Both binary code and Python scripts (and many other things) can be
included in (.oxt) extensions.  In short, everything that is managed via
"Tools - Extension Manager..." and everything available at
<http://extensions.libreoffice.org/extension-center> is such an extension.

I just asked because sometimes "extension" is used with different meanings.