CppCheck Report Update

Maarten Hoes hoes.maarten at gmail.com
Thu Jun 23 17:04:51 UTC 2016

Ah.

On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 6:37 PM, Maarten Hoes <hoes.maarten at gmail.com>
wrote:

> B.)
> drop sendEmail, install mail/mailx and install&configure something like
> sendmail/postfix/exim on vm140 and see if the cppcheck-report.sh script can
> be modified to use mail/mailx instead. I do have some shell skills, so I
> could spend some time on that myself to see if I can make that work. But I
> will need some help with the sendmail/postfix/exim configuration part. (and
> I guess if vm140 cannot receive mail, then the account used to send the
> email would need to be approved for sending to the mailing list in some
> other manner than 'the normal way').

Looks like sendmail is not required after all, the following (trying from
my own vm) works :

$ mailx -v -s "Test Mail" -S smtp-use-starttls -S ssl-verify=ignore -S
smtp-auth=login -S smtp=smtp://smtp.gmail.com:587 -S from="
fromuser at gmail.com(My From User)" -S smtp-auth-user=fromuser at gmail.com -S
smtp-auth-password="mypass" -S ssl-verify=ignore touser at gmail.com <
/dir/file

If someone with root access can install mailx on
vm140.documentfoundation.org, I can start working on modifying the script
to use 'mailx' instead of 'sendEmai'. (if still desired, that is: let me
know).

- Maarten