To get involved to LibreOffice project

jan iversen jani at documentfoundation.org
Tue Jun 28 06:49:29 UTC 2016

hi Asela, Rosen and Nadith.

Welcome to our project, nice that you all want to help make this project even greater.

I assume you know each other ? it is often easier to be a little group when starting on a big project like LibreOffice, so you can help each other.

We have made a step by step guide, to help you get your first patch successfully merged:
https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/GetInvolved

It is kind of hard to suggest specific bugs to be solved. You should look in bugzilla for easyHacks with DifficultyBeginner:
https://bugs.documentfoundation.org/buglist.cgi?keywords=easyHack%2C%20difficultyBeginner&keywords_type=allwords&list_id=619293&query_format=advanced&resolution=---

The skill<foo> tells which language the bugs needs to be written in.

Choose something that interest you, that is the most important part of working with open source. You need to have fun while hacking on the bug,  working on opensource is not like having a job, where the manager tells you what to do, here you decide what you like to do.

I am here to help new people through the first steps of contributing to LibreOffice, so feel free to ping me.

have a nice week.
rgds
jan I.