Firebird - status update

Bunth Tamás btomi96 at gmail.com
Tue Jun 28 18:18:16 UTC 2016

Hi,

Currently I'm working on implementing auto increment columns for the
Firebird sdbc driver.
The related patch is here:
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/26643/

The idea is to use before insert triggers: http://www.firebirdfaq.org/faq29/
I name the trigger trg_<table_name>_<column_name>. The name can be
used to determine if a column is autoIncremented or not (see
ResultSetMetadata.cxx:isAutoIncrement() ).
To accomplish that the table name is extracted from the SQL statement
(see changes in Utils.cxx).

Meanwhile I made the Connection service implement the XTableAccess
interface, because I thought It will be needed, but it turned out that
it is unnecessary for autoincrement.

The patch causes a "unexpected error" in the current state. The
program crashes on a mutex: "MutexGuard aGuard(m_aMutex);" after
opening a table. I'm about to solve that.

Regards,
Tamás Bunth