Different behavior of same code in Linux and Windows

Laurent BP jumbo4444 at yahoo.fr
Wed Jun 29 12:19:43 UTC 2016

Hello,

I've got some code which compiles well on my Linux PC and works as expected.
But Jenkins don't calculate the same things on Windows and hang out in unit
test on Windows.
The code is about best fraction representation in Calc. I localized the
problem in this *while* loop :

On Linux, *sal_uLong nFrac* and *nDev* are modified and tend to a solution.
My tests on Windows, thanks to Jenkin, show that *nFrac* and *nDev* keep the
same values (respectively 0 and 1). So there is an infinite loop with this
*while* when testing fractions in unit tests.

I suppose I made an error, but testing code is quite long with Jenkin (I
don't have a Windows PC which can compile LibO code). Does someone can give
me an opinion on what may go different between Linux and Windows with this
code?

All details of context and tests on https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/26621

Many thanks in advance.

Laurent BP