Windows / font / text futures ...

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Mon Mar 7 21:31:42 UTC 2016

On Mon, Mar 7, 2016 at 8:04 AM, Michael Meeks
<michael.meeks at collabora.com> wrote:

>>  - as long as so much low-level layouting is still
>> happening in Writer (dx arrays, kashida filling etc).
>
>         Hmm; the dx array as I understand it is just a simplified form of glyph
> widths;

Not quite. Dx array associate width to characters, not glyphs... a
glyph can represent multiple characters and conversely a given
character may be represented by multiple glyphs...
so DX array is fundamentally broken when used in a non read-only fashion.

Norbert