Greetings LibreOffice Community : GSOC Queries

Vineet Purswani vineetp at iitk.ac.in
Wed Mar 9 15:32:40 UTC 2016

Greetings LibreOffice Community,

My name is Vineet Purswani and I am a fourth year Computer Science
MTech Integrated student at IIT Kanpur, India. I am interested in
knowing more about a project listed on LibreOffice GSOC ideas page -
Expand Visual Studio (and others) to generate all executables/dlls

I have a great interest in Computer Systems, specifically operating
systems, computer architecture and cloud computing. I did a project on
compiler design, wherein I developed a Java compiler in python using
PLY library. I have worked on NACHOS to test some of the scheduling
algorithms, demand paging techniques, implemented condition variables
and semaphores. I did an architecture project to get my hands on over
cache hierarchy techniques and branch & target predictors. I am
currently working on computer security projects, wherein I have done
control hijacking, privilege separation, learnt about several symbolic
execution techniques like DART, KLEE & EXE. I have a basic knowledge
of compiler design, databases, functional programming, machine
learning and computer security as well. You can find my work here:
https://github.com/vineetpurswani

Kindly guide me as to how do I start working on this idea? Which bug
fix/enhancement should I work on? Expectations in proposal?

Kindly share any details that you would like to share or any questions
that you may have for me regarding this GSOC project.

Let me know what you think. Thanks a lot.

Yours Sincerely
Vineet Purswani
IIT Kanpur