GSOC 2016 New Idea: Tabbed LibreOffice Pages

toki toki.kantoor at gmail.com
Tue Mar 15 14:35:34 UTC 2016

On 15/03/2016 13:32, Esref Ozturk wrote:

> Since I am not familiar with the codebase of the LibreOffice, I cannot determine if it is doable in 3 months.

Back when OOo 2.4 was the latest version of OOo, there was an extension
that added tabs to OOo Write.  Both the extension, and a description of
what it did can be found at
https://wiki.openoffice.org/wiki/Framework/WorkInProgress/Tabbed_Windows_Extension.

As the web page points out, the extension did not work on OOo 3.0.

Given the number of differences between the OOo 2.4 code base, and LibO
5.2 code base, I don't know if it would be easier to utilize that
extension as a starting point, or completely ignore its existence.

FWIW, Using <ALT><TAB> much easier than the mouse clicks the extension
required.

jonathon