Fix for Bug 98940

Matteo Casalin matteo.casalin at yahoo.com
Sun May 1 16:37:58 UTC 2016

Hi Christian

On 05/01/2016 12:23 PM, Christian Lohmaier wrote:
> Hi Matteo,
>
> On Fri, Apr 29, 2016 at 6:52 PM, Matteo Casalin
> <matteo.casalin at yahoo.com> wrote:
>
> using yahoo address with mailing lists is unfortunate, as yahoo uses
> DMARC policy that make receiving mail providers flag the mail as spam
> or reject them
>
> "Why is this message in Spam? It has a from address in yahoo.com but
> has failed yahoo.com's required tests for authentication."

Thanks for reporting - I will ask for a libreoffice.org one, hoping that
it will work fine.
It would be great to have a list of account providers that are known to
work fine with LO online services, besides reducing the number of
required accounts themselves: I already had to switch both openid and
e-mail provider for a similar reason, finally choosing yahoo as a
all-in-one solution. I honestly would prefer not to have to change again
due to a new poor choice.

>> Hi everybody,
>>      I submitted to gerrit a one-line fix for bug 98940, a regression introduced by a previous commit of mine.
>
> then it would help greatly to also include the appropriate link to gerrit....

Sorry, that was my idea but clearly missed it. Here it is:

https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/24268

>> The aforementioned bug, however, affects the 5.1 branch and should be evaluated for backporting: what is the best approach to be followed for this?
>
> Cherry pick to gerrit and amend with any fixup necessary, so it ends
> up in 5.1 as one single commit.

I'm not familiar with this flow, is this equivalent to:
* Switch my local copy to 5.1 branch
* Implement the same fix, plus any other modification needed to compile
* Submit to gerrit, specifying 5.1 branch

Thanks and kind regards
Matteo