Some thoughts about our tests and the build time

Xen list at xenhideout.nl
Tue May 17 01:14:07 UTC 2016

Markus Mohrhard schreef op 17-05-2016 2:37:

> I hope this long text gives you something to think about.

Just as an outsider:

Separating tests that are meaningful for a developer, and tests that are
meaningful for a builder, seems most meaningful to me ;-).

Even as a developer, even if you were actively working, I don't think
you would want to run the full suite more than once a week, even if you
are making many changes daily, for instance.

So I think the goal is to reduce the incidence, to reduce the frequency
of running the full set, by people that cannot gain much from it, as you
indicated.

Just some thoughts, and just one opinion.

Regards.