Re: Helena Svobodová license statement

Xen list at xenhideout.nl
Wed May 18 08:56:02 UTC 2016

jan iversen schreef op 18-05-2016 7:59:
> WELCOME
> Thanks for your license statement.
>
> I have added you to our wiki:
> https://wiki.documentfoundation.org/Development/Developers

Just a small question. Should the emails on that wiki be in plain sight
for everyone? I understand it could be helpful and pleasant to be able
to email everyone easily, but this way the emails can also easily be
harvested.

Oline mail archives I think usually hide any "reply online" button
(mailto:link) behind at least some javascript popup or something of the
kind.

In that sense you could think about splitting it in different fields, or
obfuscating it in some way. No spammer is going to rewrite harvest
software for just one site.

Even a simple "username@<view domain>" link with <view domain> being a
little javascript that will replace the link with the actual domain,
would work nicely I think.

Just a thought! I wouldn't want to end up on that list ;-).

Regards.