Some thoughts about our tests and the build time

jan iversen jani at documentfoundation.org
Wed May 25 06:28:58 UTC 2016

> Along with that, we could then kill the "make build-nocheck" travesty and have
> 'make' and 'make build' each do the same regardless of if its on toplevel and
> in a module? Right?  Please?

When we talk about simplifying, it would be good if
"make" used pr default the same configuration as our release build on the platform.

Or at the very least have a "make release".

Right now if people change e.g. 5.1 to make a local change and do a build they end up with a very different image, and finding the release configurations is not that easy.

rgds
jan I.