Re: Björn Balazs license statement

Wols Lists antlists at youngman.org.uk
Tue Nov 1 21:30:36 UTC 2016

On 01/11/16 19:37, Michael Stahl wrote:
> may i suggest you actually *read* the clauses of the MPLv2 that Michael
> has pointed out as being particularly helpful, and then think about what
> risks accepting code contributions under other licenses lacking such
> clauses would expose TDF and downstream distributors to.

Hmmm... Basically that the contributor explicitly warrants that he has
the authority to grant those rights ...

(Incidentally, if I understand my UK law correctly, clause 8 could be
problematic although that's extremely unlikely in practice. Under
certain - in this case improbable - circumstances, the smaller party has
choice of venue, contract clauses notwithstanding :-)

Anyways, even if I'm not happy with this, sounds like I ought to bow out
of it.

(And the good news is, hopefully 11.1 will soon be irrelevant - it looks
like software patents - as in "software on a general purpose computer" -
will soon be dead in the water :-)

Cheers,
Wol