CppunitTest_svgio fails on macOS with the new layout engine
khaledhosny at eglug.org
Wed Nov 2 16:34:32 UTC 2016
On Tue, Nov 01, 2016 at 10:14:49PM +0100, Tomaž Vajngerl wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 1, 2016 at 8:33 PM, Khaled Hosny <khaledhosny at eglug.org> wrote:
> > I tried to find what is the source of difference, but to no avail. I
> > can’t figure out why the choice of the layout engine can make a
> > difference here.
> I don't know the cause and if this is possible but just a quick check
> at the svgio code my speculation is that it could make a difference if
> it determines for example that text overflows the bounds and it needs
> to clip. If you look at the XML and what the test checks you see the
> mask primitive is inserted just suddenly. I saw in the svgio code that
> the mask primitive is used at many places to do clipping.
Thanks for the pointers, that was very helpful. I now found the part
that does the mask; if I set bDoCorrectCanvasClipping to false in
svgio/source/svgreader/svgsvgnode.cxx the test passes. Now I need to
find the part that actually calculates the bounding box...
> You need insert the SVG as you would insert any other image to use
> this SVG parser.
I tried that as well, they look identical to my eye, though pixel
diffing of the generated PDFs shows some 1 pixel or so baseline shift.
Might be different font metrics, not sure if that is the cause.
More information about the LibreOffice