Cleaning up configuration (was: [Libreoffice-commits] core.git: tdf#89870: Add config option for layout engine)

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Fri Nov 4 14:13:58 UTC 2016

On Fri, Nov 04, 2016 at 12:12:21PM +0100, Stephan Bergmann wrote:
> On 11/04/2016 11:20 AM, Tor Lillqvist wrote:
> > Also, would going through officecfg and looking for deprecated and
> > actually no-op configuration thingies be a good Easy Hack?
>
> At least in principle, the tree of available configuration items is part of
> the stable interface, accessible from 3rd party code.  So at least some
> removals could be delicate.

I guess we then need some kind of feature flag that is internal to
LibreOffice, akin to what major web browsers now do for experimental
features.

For example I hate the experimental features flag, it puts a bunch of
totally unrelated features under the same room, and too coarse in
general. I was thinking we should kill it and have individual options
for each experimental feature, but configuration options being a part
of stable interface kills the whole idea.

Regards,
Khaled