slower build.... sc_functions_test is a long tail end...

Markus Mohrhard markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com
Sat Nov 5 18:02:31 UTC 2016

Hey,

On Sat, Nov 5, 2016 at 7:53 AM, Norbert Thiebaud <nthiebaud at gmail.com>
wrote:

> On Sat, Nov 5, 2016 at 12:34 PM, Markus Mohrhard
> <markus.mohrhard at googlemail.com> wrote:
> > Hey Norbert,
> >
> > In which configuration? The test suffers extremely from.missing
> optimization
> > and should be less than a minute in an optimized bud but can run for
> several
> > minutes in a digital build.
>
> of course we run make check in dbgutil/debug mode.
> if they should not be ran in these config then have them excluded then.
>
> and several here = 9 minutes cpu... which is 1/3 of the total build
> elapsed time on that box.
>
> btw the second worse offender is char2_export ccpunnit which run at
> almost 6 minutes...

It is the other test that makes heavy use of the calc grid structure. Any
test that uses that is most likely to suffer a serious slow down in non
optimized builds and even worse in dbgutil builds due to the heavy use of
templates and containers.

I still have no good solution for handling the functions_test which
automatically detects test files. Especially as the test runs in just a few
seconds in an optimized build.

Markus