Firebird build fails on MacOs (tdf#101789)

Norbert Thiebaud nthiebaud at gmail.com
Mon Nov 7 15:33:26 UTC 2016

On Mon, Nov 7, 2016 at 8:36 AM, Alexander Thurgood
<alex.thurgood at gmail.com> wrote:
> Le 07/11/2016 à 15:27, Norbert Thiebaud a écrit :
>

>> you own shell cannot live in /usr/bin or /bin since mac in anny-mode
>> will prevent even root from putting stuff there.
>> so you need your own shell _and_ make sure that nothing you use below
>> have a #!/bin/sh or #!/usr/bin/sh shebang in it
>>

> Well that kind of puts the nail in the coffin for having Firebird3 on
> Mac then or have I (hopefully) misunderstood ?

No that means that firebird 3 need to learn to do thing without
relying on DYLD_LIBRARY_PATH

most of the problem lies in it wanting to use its own 'just built'
binary during the build process, using them from a temporary place
where they are built, not where they are meant to be delivered to

Norbert