How does LibreOffice manage third-party library dependencies?

Yonggang Chen cyg19891102 at 163.com
Sat Nov 12 06:55:42 UTC 2016

Hello Developers,

LibreOffice is a massive project which consists of lots of code files, and
it depends on many third-party libraries, such as libpng-1.6.19.tar.gz,
openssl-1.0.2h.tar.gz.

My question is how does LibreOffice manage the dependencies?

As we all know, the libpng, openssl like libraries update very often. It's
not convenient to put such libraries into LibreOffice code repository
directly.

When I built LibreOffice, lots of third-party libraries were downloaded. Do
you use Artifactory(https://www.jfrog.com/artifactory ) or implement it with
customized scripts?

Looking forward to hear from you. :)

Best regards