[Libreoffice-commits] core.git: offapi/com offapi/type_reference

Jan Iversen jani at documentfoundation.org
Wed Nov 23 14:22:39 UTC 2016

> On 23 Nov 2016, at 14:53, Zolnai Tamás <zolnaitamas2000 at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Eike,
>
> I had no choice. You've made a decision and it seems I have to live
> with the consequences.
> So please don't insult me with saying 'thank you’.

Hi Tamás

Just to be sure, you are NOT alone in here….I respect that API incompatibility needs to be carefully considered, but we also need to have windows for doing such things.

In my mind API changes should be forbidden in X.y.<foo> versions, but allowed in 5.y.0 versions. The reason being if we make new functionality, the API needs to be enhanced.

Having said that, I understand that we need to make sure “old” extensions continue to work, which translates to (in my understanding), that “only expand, do not change in the middle” of structures”.

I am all for enhancements (especially ones I can use :-) )

Please consider joining our call this thursday berlin time 16:00 (UTC 15:00 I think), if you need help let me know.

rgds
jan I.