tdf#100826: replacing command-line help dialog with console under Windows

Tor Lillqvist tml at iki.fi
Thu Nov 24 00:00:08 UTC 2016

> I think what Eike suggests is to use guistdio.exe (perhaps rename it
> appropriately, to something like soffice.com), and use _that_ when
> calling soffice from the command line.

If I recall correctly from when I a long time ago had a look, Windows
nowadays (well, since XP at least) has APIs that make whatever tricks it
was that the guistdio program had to do as a separate process unnecessary.
It is more than enough to have soffice.exe and soffice.bin. (Could we at
some stage please rename soffice.bin to something with a normal .exe file
name extension? That would be no API break, would it?)

--tml