Windows linking errors after removing old Graphite code

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Thu Nov 24 21:04:21 UTC 2016

I’m getting linking after removing the old Graphite integration:
https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/#/c/31143/

But I’m getting unexpected linking errors, complaining about almost all
Graphite symbol used by HarfBuzz:
libharfbuzz.lib(libharfbuzz_la-hb-graphite2.obj) : error LNK2019: unresolved external symbol __imp__gr_make_face referenced in function __hb_graphite2_shaper_face_data_create

Full build:
http://ci.libreoffice.org/job/lo_gerrit/3105/Config=linux_clang_dbgutil_64/console

My experience with of Windows toolchain is rather primitive, so I’m lost
here. I’m guessing that because Graphite is statically linked, after
removing the old code the linker does not see the use of these symbols
and drops them or something like that. But I’m not sure if I’m guessing
right or how to fix this.

Regards,
Khaled