[Libreoffice-qa] minutes of ESC call ...

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Fri Nov 25 10:26:44 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Thu, Nov 24, 2016 at 07:02:17PM +0000, Michael Meeks wrote:
> 	Personally I think Markus' take - that we shouldn't be using UNO API
> for this internal stuff is spot-on - push the API problem to the edge:
> but others have different views =)

FWIW, up to this point we made no distiction between how we handle published
and unpublished interfaces. Maybe now that we have had some cleaning up
published interfaces, it might be the time to reconsider making the barrier to
API break between those two more explicit[1].

Just a thought -- while I know that we (well, OpenOffice) initially
overpublished APIs, I dont know if we handled it more sensible since then, if
there is any value at all in the "published" tag again at this point.

@Stephan: Thoughts?

Best,

Bjoern

[1] And I dont mean "you shall never break published, but you can break the
    world in unpublished" -- but in more nuanced shades.