Regarding ./setup for download or cloning source code

Eike Rathke erack at redhat.com
Mon Nov 28 14:50:40 UTC 2016

Hi Nikhil,

On Saturday, 2016-11-26 17:31:57 +0530, Nikhil Kumar vats wrote:

> When I run ./setup its says connection time out. I have proxy in me
> internet service with user authentication. I also used
> export=http_proxy=http://username@userpass...etc etc command in cywgin but
> that not worked.

If that is literally (well, of course except username at userpass...) the
command you entered then note that there is an extraneous '=' character,
it should be

export http_proxy=http://username@userpass...etc

I have no idea though whether specifying a proxy this way actually works
in cygwin and is used by all tools involved in ./setup

  Eike

GPG key "ID" 0x65632D3A - 2265 D7F3 A7B0 95CC 3918  630B 6A6C D5B7 6563 2D3A
Better use 64-bit 0x6A6CD5B765632D3A here is why: https://evil32.com/
Care about Free Software, support the FSFE https://fsfe.org/support/?erack