Error while 'make install' Android Viewer

Christian Lohmaier lohmaier at googlemail.com
Fri Oct 14 08:20:11 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Thu, Oct 13, 2016 at 3:50 PM, Rosen Silva <rosen at live.com> wrote:
> Hi, I was trying to install freshly build LibreOffice Android Viewer using
> "make install" command using Makefile which was located at
> "core/android/source" , but suddenly it shows that a file is missing. The
> file name was  "n/core/android/source/liboSettings.gradle"

You must do a toplevel make before, you cannot short-circuit a build
without having built the actual native part first.
You need to run autogen.sh with the correpsonding distro flag (for x86
or arm) as explained in the readme.

> then I searched
> the core in github weather is it available but there is no such file.

It will be generated by the toplevel make.

Only after that build is done, you can use android studio to debug and
develop the java part of the viewer. But any changes to the native
code would need another call of "make"

ciao
Christian