Merging feature/commonsallayout branch

Khaled Hosny khaledhosny at eglug.org
Sat Oct 22 11:24:08 UTC 2016

On Mon, Oct 17, 2016 at 09:30:14PM +0200, Khaled Hosny wrote:
> - We use a bit of DirectWrite to load fonts on Windows, so Windows XP is
>   not supported as well. Again it can be fixed with some effort, but I
>   don’t think anyone will miss XP. Ideally we should do a full switch to
>   DirectWrite and modernise our Windows font rendering, but that is
>   another story.

I did some cleanup to the Windows part of the code while working on
other Windows issue, and after [1] the font loading code does not use
DurectWrite anymore. So it should theoretically work on Windows XP now,
untested of course.

1. https://gerrit.libreoffice.org/gitweb?p=core.git;a=commitdiff;h=2148c853b0d0deea92b97a810950f4d9f0cbb152

Regards,
Khaled