Merging feature/commonsallayout branch

Bjoern Michaelsen bjoern.michaelsen at canonical.com
Thu Oct 27 11:23:00 UTC 2016

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 21, 2016 at 04:01:22AM +0400, Yousuf Philips wrote:
> You know the saying, "if it ain't broke, don't fix it", and most people dont
> consider XP broke (me included) even if MS isnt officially supporting it.

Its not broke -- it simply doesnt exist anymore. That is what "end of life"
(aka death) means.

> On the other hand, you still have governments paying
> microsoft to still support it XP, so XP isnt going away anytime soon.

You are refered to folks doing L3 support for LibreOffice with that -- as this
is a promise that is entirely unreasonable to ask of this community. And with
that this also ends the topic for this list.

_Iff_ you throw huge amounts of money at a L3 supporter and have bought support
from Microsoft[1] for the OS you want to base on, you might get lucky there.
But as said that is not an issue for this list. The topic has been discussed
conclusively on the ESC before and there are no new facts to waste its time on this
again.

Best,

Bjoern

[1] Because while asking for support of newer LibreOffice versions on Windows
    XP is already a painful thought, doing the same on Windows XP without having
    support for _that_ is even more nonsense.